Latest Blog Posts

Purse Makeover DIY

I'm not one to collect purses. I tend to keep the same one for as long as it holds up, so thinking up a purse project that I really like is important, considering I'll probably be hauling it around for months and months. What I enjoy most about this purse is that though it has lots of color, it still has a subtle vibe to its new look. Plus it's completely customizable to fit your specific style. 

Supplies: Purse (preferably one without pockets or buckles on the outside), yarn, and fabric glue.
Pantry Supplies: Scissors

Begin by adding glue to the parts you want to cover with yarn. I found it easier to apply the glue with a paint brush in small sections. Next, begin adding the yarn to the glue you just applied. I only purchased two units of yarn that changed colors throughout. This made the project a lot cheaper than having to purchase ten different colors of yarn. When applying the yarn, make sure that it's longer than the actual purse so that trimming and shaping it will be easy. I chose to cover the entire back of the purse, but you can choose to cover whatever part of the purse you'd like. Lastly, trim all of the edges the same length to give it a clean, finished look. 

Have a happy, happy weekend, friends. 

Comments

  1. Love it! You always pick the best color combos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this! It looks great.

    -Jess
    http://www.JessicasWonderland.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to do this oh my gosh it looks so great

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your DIYs, photography and fashion style! You're a great inspiration!
    -Alysha

    alyshalianne3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This inspires me to makeover my old purses into new ones! I love the colors in the yarn you chose. They look great with the color of leather!

    M.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty DIY! This is such a great makeover to a bag. I hope it holds up well.
    Carlee
    Almost Endearing

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so lovely! I'm the same as you with handbags, once I get comfortable with one I rarely switch, but I've been thinking about replacing mine recently. I might try and find a secondhand bag and spruce it up like this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks very cool! Great job.
    http://shannonhearts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it!
    Your DIY's are always the best.
    xoxo
    juliette laura
    http://juliettelaura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic idea! I’ve got a bag that needs a rehaul, so this definitely gives me food for thought :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute bag! check out my diy tote! http://littleadventures-allison.blogspot.com/2013/01/bag-lady-cat-lady.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute idea!

    Sar

    www.etsy.com/shop/owleyevintage

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my second time visiting your blog. You have beautiful photography. I love this idea. that's actually what I'm learning how to do right now. Restyle things. It's all part of my new year's resolution. Thanks Kinsey!

    http://www.popsparkleandshineclub.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it. I think I'm gonna try with an old purse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is probably my favourite DIY ever. So cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great idea! Looks super cool & super easy to do, love it :)
    Xxx
    Layne
    http://www.missalayneous.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's the most original DIY I ever seen, beautiful! I will try it soon =)

    latenightkitty.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wooow,this looks great and is a really cool idea to jazz up old bags!
    Thanks for sharing this!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh this bag looks much better with some wool on it than before. Great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh my, such a cute idea! your blog is so lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's awesome!! It looks like it would be a lot harder than it really is. I love it!!

    Mackenzie
    www.heybirdfriend.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the DIY, it makes it look more bohemian :)

    http://www.teenyhippie.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your skirt in the photos. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

If you have a question, please subscribe to the post via email so that you'll be notified once I've responded!

Form for Contact Page (Do not remove)